"Do everything in love." (1 Corinthians 16:14)


9.07.2008

Today is different.

Much of the time, I happen to blog from my phone. Not that this is necessarily 100 percent intentional, but rather because it's convenient when I am constantly on the run. So today I visited this blog for the first time in a week or so, but was slightly displeased with what I found. I am a silly person, apparently. I joke around on here too much, so it is time for me to be a little bit serious.
It is Sunday morning, and no, I am not planning on going to church. Call me a heathen, but I've gone two times so far this week and gas is like gold. Combine that with the fact that my church is 2o minutes away, and you've got a recipe for bankruptcy. Well not exactly, but it gets the point across well.
My parents are gone. John and Jeremiah and Airielle and Abigail are at church. Christy is STILL sleeping. I am alone, and the house is peaceful. Christy and I decided that we have had enough "running around" for the week and are staying home today. Unless we decide to go see a dollar movie, but we will just have to see.
Last night I had a study date--with myself. Yes, both of my study mates bailed out on me, but it was actually for the better because I got a lot more stuff done. After I finished packing my brain with theories from Alfred Adler and Carl Jung, I picked Christy up from church and met Monique at Targer--for no reason, really. I have been having some trouble with my allergies, sore throat, intense headaches, and a stuffy nose. Needlesstosay I took my allergy medication on my way from Target to Flying Star (cafe/coffee shop) where we again met up with Monique and drank iced chai and read their endless supply of magazines. And I do not exaggerate here, they have magazines I did not even realize that people had the imaginations to think up. Anyway, all of a sudden, Christy poked me. She and Monique were laughing at me. Apparently I was falling asleep. And also, I did not realize that I had been doing this probably 10 times after that. So 11pm came and Christy told me that I had better drive home before I was too far gone to be able to drive home. Boy, was it hard to stay awake on the ride home! Thankfully, we rolled the windows down, turned the music up, and Christy kept me talking the whole way home.
Before all this happened yesterday, Bekah texted me once again to ask if Christy and I would be interested in moving in with her. The price is actually pretty good, the house cute, and the location is great. I called my mom and she said it looks like a good offer, so we're going to sit down together when she gets home and work through my finances to see if I will be able to cut it or not.

No comments: